Online store development has never been easier than nowadays. To date, owners can choose from a wide variety of e-commerce platforms, however, WooCommerce, Magento, and Shopify are among the most popular. In addition to the rich functionality, they also offer various benefits like ease of use, convenient admin panel, plenty of features, and many more to attract potential users. How not to lose yourself in this variety and find exactly what you need? Proceed with reading this article and find the answer!
E-commerce Platforms Breakdown
Before writing this article, we gathered some meaningful insights about the platforms. Discover these insights below and obtain a clear impression of our e-commerce solutions.
- User-friendliness. When it comes to the ease of use aspect, WooCommerce rocks it. Its fully intuitive and powerful interface turns both installation and management processes into an attractive and joyful adventure.
- Price issue. In fact, WooCommerce is an absolutely free plugin. However, if you are not sufficient with the very basic functionality provided by default, you’ll need to purchase some additional features for your store. Thus, the more custom your WooCommerce store is, the more third-party integrations you need, and the more costly your store is.
- SEO. WooCommerce is totally SEO-friendly. This was obtained by implementing a wide range of customizations and direct access to the source code.
- Design. Any WordPress theme is fully compatible with WooCommerce, which makes WooCommerce the most reasonable choice in terms of design.
- Customer support. Support service is a weak point of WooCommerce. Commonly, when the user encounters any issues, they turn to WordPress forums. However, WooCommerce also enables submitting support tickets to the official WooCommerce website.
- Features. The default set of features provided by WooCommerce is not very rich and some owners find them sufficient for creating a very basic online only.
WooCommerce is a perfect choice for starters who do the very first step in e-commerce and thus don’t need a deeply-customized store. Free and lightweight, WooComemrce requires minimum efforts to build a fully-functional online store. On the other hand, once you can find that WooCommerce doesn’t meet your requirements anymore, and thus you’ll need to consider migrating your store to more powerful e-commerce platform.
- User-friendliness. Magento can be fairly called the most intricate e-commerce platform of the three represented in this article. Developed with an intention to provide deep customization and scalability, it has a complex structure. Due to that, Magento can look complicated for a newcomer in web development.
- Price issue. Depending on the actual sales volume, the platform offers Open Source and Commerce versions. You can download Open Source for free, without any monthly subscription. Commerce version starts charging from $22,000 per year and goes up to $190,000.
- SEO. Magento is fully SEO-optimized by default, and additionally, it provides plenty of features to make the website even stronger in terms of SEO.
- Design. The platform offers a vast of the themes to make the store’s look just like you want. Paid themes prices start from $29, however, you can also use the free ones, that are also stylish and responsive.
- Customer support. Here’s all depends Magento version you run. Open Source users are implied to be tech-savvy people, and thus they don’t get access to official support services of the platform. For example, if they experience problems with the website speed, they’d better find a professional development team to get website performance optimization services. Enterprise Edition users are from a very different story – they can address directly to the support team and get qualified assistance fast.
- Features. Magento is an undeniable leader among other e-commerce platforms when it comes to a variety of features. Though, Magento creators provide an opportunity to make the store even more rich-featured by installing modules and extensions from the official Magento Marketplace.
Magento works best when applied for building the website for mid- and big-sized businesses. With its impressive potential for scalability and a rich set of options for customization, Magento provides endless opportunities for the e-commerce business. However, due to its complexity, Magento requires the engagement of professional Magento developers only to get the best results possible.
Need help with Magento? Maybe you have questions or issues with Magento website performance. Feel free to ask whidegroup.com and get professional assistance!
- User-friendliness. This platform is particularly famous for its simplicity and clarity. The drag-and-drop interface and clean admin panel design make any interaction seamless, which is appreciated a lot by the user with a lack of technical background.
- Price issue. You can start with the basic plan which charges $29 per month. At any moment you can upgrade to advanced ones which cost $79 and $299 monthly.
- SEO. Shopify has optimized SEO right out of the box. Additionally, you can enjoy features such as editable title and description tags, URLs, alternative tags for images, and many more.
- Design. This aspect is one of the most impressive among Shopify pros – the platform gives the owners a lot of themes: both general and niche. Most of them are premium, though they are not costly, and look very stylish and modern.
- Customer support. Support services are provided 24/7 via email, phone, or live chat. You can also find the solution on your own addressing numerous tutorials, informative official documentation, and forums.
- Features. The Shopify e-commerce platform offers a small number of features by default. If necessary, you can turn to Shopify App Store and find there a needed application to extend your store’s functionality.
Shopify will be favored by the business owners who are not tech-savvy enough, but striving to create an appealing and powerful online store without making lots of effort for doing this. Price-reasonable and easy to manage, Shopify is the middle ground between light WooCommerce and resource-demanding Magento. That’s why owners truly love it.
Every e-commerce platform is great in its own way, and your choice should be based on the correlation of your business needs and platform’s capacity. After making a thorough examination of WooCommerce vs Shopify vs Magento breakdown, you’ll be ready to make your decision, which will be thought-out and well-informed.